Frames are built by hand using maple, mahogany and other woods. Precision handcrafted patterns are cut and sewn to flow-match. We use high-quality, precision-calibrated polyurethane foam cushions. Dacron and cotton filling materials ensure long-lasting comfort.
On all exposed wood items, we offer a variety of finishes to choose from and to help customize your piece of furniture. Also for customization, we offer choices of skirt treatments, contrast fabrics, cording and fringe as well as usage of the customer’s own materials (COM).
- All Cox frames are built of select hardwoods, 5/4" or greater.
- Exposed wood frames are of maple, beech, mahogany or similar grained woods.
- Seat frame construction, dependent on the frame, is handcrafted and applied. It may be hand-tied steel coils, sinuous wire, webbed or wooden seating.
- Each frame is reinforced by double-doweled joints, integrated posts and fitted corner brackets.
- All frames carry a limited lifetime warranty (see product hangtag).
- Built on a production line process, each piece is custom-built to order.
- Emphasizing attention to detail, each item is bench-crafted and hand-tailored with fabrics
- All exposed wood finishes require multiple, hand-applied processes.
- All skirted frames come standard sanded and with hand-applied mahogany stain.
Standard seat and back cushions consist of the following:
- Tight seats/backs: Polyurethane foam with bonded Dacron fibers.
- Loose seat cushions: Polyurethane foam core, double-wrapped with polyester fiber
and enclosed in a tick.
- Loose back cushions: Polyester fibers encased in a tick.
- Cox has 13 wood finishes that may be applied without additional charge to any exposed wood frame.
- Hand-applied physical distressing may be added on wood finishes (where applicable) for a nominal up-charge. See an authorized Cox retailer for more options.
- Cox offers an extensive line of in-house fabrics.
- Full, top-grain leathers also available on select styles.